Things that $228 Million will buy:
– LeBron James’s waterfront mansion in Miami, listed for $15 million
– A 710-year old copy of the Magna Carta, sold in 2007 for $21.3 million
– The Oakland A’s, sold in 2005 for $180 million
– Three personal submarines, at $2 million each; and
– Tivi Island in Fiji (yes, the whole island), available for $5 million.
Or you can settle a lawsuit.
That’s how much FedEx just agreed to pay to settle a California class action brought by FedEx Ground drivers who claimed they had been misclassified as independent contractors. The settlement covers approximately 2,300 drivers in California only, and covers the time period 2000-07 only. It does not resolve the myriad of other misclassification lawsuits that have been filed by FedEx Ground drivers in other states, many of which remain pending in trial courts or on appeal. Read more >>